Olga Stefatou is a Greek independent media artist and photography specialist at Qatar museums.
In her personal work, Olga explores the idea of freedom and its connection to geopolitics, heritage and science. She believes that image making as an outcome or process aims to empower the personal and collective consciousness.
Olga has travelled worldwide and extensively in Asia, producing photography and video on social and humanitarian issues. Her work has been published in Der Spiegel, Amnesty International, NBC news, Le Monde, The Economist and Vanity Fair among others. In 2015 she participated in the pioneering project ‘Solar Impulse’ – the first attempt of solar flight around the world.
Olga studied photography at the Technological Educational Institute of Athens and in 2012 she obtained her Masters degree in Multimedia Journalism from the University of Bolton, UK based in Beijing, China.
- 12th Julia Margaret Cameron, “Chrysalis”, Awardee 2018.
- Photoeil award, “Relative Dating”, First prize 2016.
- Summer Davos debates, “Feng Yuan / Parched Homes”, Finalist 2012.
- One World Media Awards, “Parched Homes”, Shortlisted 2012.
Exhibitions and Showcases:
- 2017 Relative Dating, Photoeil prize, NegPos Gallery (Nîmes, FR)
- 2017 Relative Dating, Boutographies festival (Montpellier, FR)
- 2017 Relative Dating, in projection format at FEST FOTO Brasil 2017 (Porto Alegre, BR)
- 2016 Relative Dating, Rencontres Cinématographiques (Cerbère,FR)
- 2016 HAPPY WORLD, Festival night screening, Encontros Da Imagem International Photography festival (Braga, PRT)
- 2015 Depression Era, Biennale of Contemporary Art (Thessaloniki, GR)
- 2015 Rania, Break the Chain festival (Athens, GR)
- 2014 Cast in the wind / Depression Era collective, Benaki Museum (Athens, GR)
- 2014 Women in Asia, JeonJun photo festival (Seoul-KR)
- 2012 Christian Folk Culture, Biennial Phoenix Photography Festival (Fenghuang, CN)
- 2013 Connecting people, Cervantes Institute (Athens-GR)
- 2012 Silent Crossing, Multimedia art festival (Yangon, MM)
- 2012 Through Waters, (Tianjin, Chongqing, CN)
- 2010 Locus Loci, Photobiennale Festival (Thessaloniki, GR)
- 2010 Make History, Lee (Modena, IT)
- 2004 Prestige, Photosyngiria Festival (Thessaloniki, GR)
- 2010-2011 Photography lessons to the employees of Procter & Gamble Company (Athens, GR).
- 2009-2010 Photography lessons to people with mental disabilities at the Social Association ‘Ef Zin’ (Athens, GR).